יום ראשון, ינואר 15, 2006

Nong Khiaw to Luang Nam Tha

Breakfast was 3 hard boiled eggs and lunch a Snickers bar. I grabbed the candy bar from my bag while jumping from a songthaw to a minibus at the Udom Mxai Bus Station. A Songthaw is a pickup truck with 2 benches in the back facing each other (song is 2, thaw means row). Usually the top has a roll cage with a cloth cover. Inside can be any number of occupants. Any number of occupants is the case for all modes of transport in these parts. I haven't had the pleasure but I've heard stories of a bus with 25 people, 15 chickens & pig (or three).


It's now 3:30pm. We left Nong Khiaw at 11:30, I have no clue when we'll get into Luang Nam Tha. At least I was able to buy another bottle of water..... Ah! My favorite! One minute out of the bus station and we stop. To fill up at a gas station.