יום שישי, ינואר 13, 2006

Dear Mother,

I hope it will be ok with you if I don't do any cooking my first few weeks back home. Right now I've got 3 weeks left and I would welcome the idea of eating something I didn't have to prepare. Also Snickers bars and Pringles. Not for a while.

As for things I miss? Dairy products would be great. I haven't had a glass of milk in a month and a half. Cheese! Mmmm! Now there's an idea for a dinner - fresh baguette with cheese and butter. Or even better - crackers and cheese. Camembert with some olive oil and za'atar......

It's not that I'm starving, I'm eating quite well and often cook for 2 or 3 people. But a bowl of the spicy noodle soup that they serve on every corner here would be so nice! The garlic chicken... Oh well. At least I'm not baking my own bread this week.

Love,