יום ראשון, דצמבר 25, 2005

Ko Chang - Island of the Elephants

"Here, you can use my guitar. You're welcome not to tune it." - Excuse me? It seems that on this island, guitar strings are almost impossible to find and the last guy who tuned his guitar broke a string. So Kobi practices on an out of tune guitar.

Coconut palms are everywhere, 150-350B will get you a bungalow on the beach, and the sunsets are beautiful. Depending on the beach you'll hear different languages and varying volumes of music, The place I found on my first night along with two friends was on a partly beach. After one night of Drum and Bass in one ear and Beatles in the other, I moved beaches. For 350B(relatively expensive) I got a quiet bungalow with a clean bathroom, a porch, and a mozzie net with no holes. The most strenuous thing I did for the day was hitch a ride up the road to buy some fish. Net, the fellow running "Bailan Family Huts" offered to teach me how to grill fish Thai style. Dinner!

So far I've met some Irish, a Dutch girl, an Aussie couple, two Germans, plenty of Israelis, a guy from Switzerland and some Brits. That's enough for now.

---------

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, maybe Friday. That was the plan.
Leaving Ko Chang. Very sad.

The ferry I arrived on stops running at 4pm so it cost me 40B to exchange my ticket for a ride on the car ferry. It's a bit cold (which is why I'm leaving Ko Chang a day early) & I might have to dig out my long sleeved shirt.

The interesting parts of tourist filled areas are the tourists themselves, the guesthouse owners, and the wandering between the different guesthouses in search of a better one. On Ko Chang I was definitely a tourist, but at least I found a place that made me feel like a welcome one.
Farewell Ko Chang! If I could only bake bread I would stay longer.

Next: Khanukah in Khanchanaburi!