יום שישי, אוקטובר 21, 2005

Too many blogs

There are blogs about fish and blogs about Fridays. If you look in the right places you can find blogs in favor or against, or apathetic about just about anything. All I know is that I'm blowing too much time reading them all.

My opinion. The best blogs are not the nest because of the blogger but because of the comments. It's a phenom I first saw on UnbrokenGlass.com. The community that arose made reading a blog entry like sitting down with friends for coffee and the latest bit of news. I think that the folks writing the blogs with large followings know that when they write they're opening a table and serving cake.

Also the readers. They get to know each other in a little circle of blogs. We all read the same ones, comment, get to know other peoples writing style. It's even interesting to see a new blog-zone develop. Sometimes with a bang, some times slowly. Also there are some blogs I've been reading for months and never saw them grow beyond a few people. What are the components of a winner?

  1. Write about one or two wordy topics.
  2. Post at least twice a week.
  3. After you have one or two people, post something spicy.
  4. Keep posting and replying.
  5. Return to step 2.

I guess it wouldn't be so hard to break in but do I want to?