יום רביעי, אוגוסט 03, 2005

Getting in

Getting in was it's own challenge.
It was the first time I got to stand in the foreign nationals line. Traveling between Israel and the US I would look at the poor sops who had to wait in the much longer line while I, the 'citizen', breezed through. I'm told becoming a local here takes more than just asking nicely.

They also take this quarantine stuff very seriously. I stood in line (another line) for 30 minuets to declare a packet of tuna and some instant soups. "No, there is no meat in the soup." -What's this writing, Hebrew? "Yes, ma'am." -And there's no meat in it? "Correct." - You sure? ......
But customs went smoothly because the airline didn't have my luggage. It must have enjoyed Hong Kong so much. By now it has turned up.

I'm still dealing with the Study Abroad office sorting class lists and schedules. I'm not even taking the truly goofy courses. One guy told me he's enrolled in GENS1032 - "Are we alone?, The possibility of life in our universe." I've got a little bit of self-respect. (Though I might go audit it.)

Have you ever noticed that airlines feel obliged to have 3:2 ratio of romantic comedies. That's higher than all other movie genre. And I'm taking probability so soon I'll even be able to predict the chances of my getting hit with more of them on my flights home.