יום שלישי, אוגוסט 23, 2005

Ed-jama-ca-tion thingies

Boy am I wiped.

-----------
Counterpoint - coun·ter·point (noun)

1. Melodic material that is added above or below an existing melody.
2. A composition or piece that incorporates or consists of contrapuntal writing.
3. A contrasting but parallel element, item, or theme.
4. Use of contrasting elements in a work of art.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

5. A program run out of Moriah Jewish Day school in Sydney geared towards turning teens, into thinking teens.
Source: One week of an amazing experience.
Copyright © 2005

------------

Some background. Bear with me. Before I left Israel, not knowing anyone in Sydney, I asked my friends and neighbohrs to put me in touch with some of their aquantences in the city. One friend gave me an email for Rabbi Davey Blackman, a nieghbor put in touch with a fellow by the name of Roy Steinman, and Saul wrote a letter to a few friends of his. Among them, Dave Shaw. I recived the most wondeful email from Mr Steinman with an offer to come down and if there was anything he could do to make my transition in to Sydney a little easier. I set an apointment with his secratary for 5pm on thursday. I wrote a short note to David Shaw useing the email address that Saul had given me, telling him I would be in his area on Thursday and would try to cross paths with him even for just a few minets.

I arrived early, found David and introduced myself assuming he would recognize my name from the letter. He invites me into his office, gets me cup of coffee and then says "So, how can I help you?" It quickly become clear that he had recived neither Saul's letter, nor mine. Long story short, we chat for a while and he asks me if I want to join them on his Counterpoint program. So that's where I've been for this past week. Wow. Real, thoughtful, emotional, worthy of time and energy to be investeed into them. And alot of time and energy went into creating these things. Professional quality video and sound, musicians, the works.....

More later.... Must sleep....

I have a sense that vis-a-vi the kids, this is one of those thing you take for granted and don't realize how amazing it is. Gotta be careful of that me-self