יום ראשון, ינואר 28, 2007

"Waste myself away"

I'm plowing through exams and really should study a bit more but you know how it is.
You think "Let me just see if I have any urgent mail."
Of course there is none but then you say
"Let me just see if anyone commented on my blog." or "Maybe I'll just sort the spam folder."

Once you start with that you start really blowing time. Check the comics, read some blogs, find out what "omnisemiosis" means. (BTW, I'll give a special prize to whoever can tell me what it means.) Kasamba has a wonderful bit of silliness here.

Before you know it it's 3 hours later, you didn't eat lunch like you told your study partner you would and you're an hour late for sitting back down to study more.

A way to stay focused and normal would be wonderful. So far the only solution I have is to block out the world %100. I turn off the music. I turn off my phone. I don't hear a word people say to me. I don't look up. I ignore my back pains. My world narrows to just me, the papers, and my pen.


"Out of all thi things I've wasted, I miss my time the most."
Or
"Adam doeg al damav v'aino doeg al yamav."

1 Comments:

At 4:15 לפנה״צ, Anonymous אנונימי said...

Set aside a few times a day to check emails and stick to them!

 

הוסף רשומת תגובה

<< Home