יום רביעי, יוני 07, 2006

Traffic in Jerusalem

On the whole it's great. Traffic flows, horses ride, people walk - everyone gets where they need to be when they need to be there. But, as I'm sure the rule is in all major cities, I'm never on time.

The world conspires against me. Just at those times that I need a miracle to occur so I'll meet my Dad on time - it never does! One time it's an accident, one time I just miss the bus, sometimes I can't walk fast enough, or on that day in particular I discover that God won't let me fly!

Why always me? Doesn't the universe understand how many people are being inconvenienced by having to wait for me? Shouldn't the basic laws of physics be bent just a tad so everyone can avoid all this stress and anger? Just imagine - World Peace!!

5 Comments:

At 7:05 לפנה״צ, Blogger Mimi said...

Whenever I am in traffic, I think, "this is exactly where I am meant to be." It's always a very humbling and transcendential (if you will) experience.

But man, Jerusalem traffic sure is, um, fun.

 
At 7:11 לפנה״צ, Anonymous אנונימי said...

Just imagine - INNER peace! :)

 
At 5:41 אחה״צ, Blogger the sabra said...

"or on that day in particular I discover that God won't let me fly! "

hehe (maybe try harder?)


k this is a kinda a weird thought, but whenever i was stuck in traffic due to a chafetz chashud, i would actually feel proud. (of course also concerned that someone might get hurt..and prayin..) proud that i am livin in my land regardless of the 'danger'. proud to have a bit o mesiras nefesh. proud to NOT be a 'spoiled american'. proud to be doing something in this war-showin the arabs that they cant scare me nuttin!

(and of course, i offer my deep regrets for you bein stuck in that aggravatin traffic...or however you say it..)

 
At 8:21 אחה״צ, Blogger TRK said...

let it all wash over you, that's my advice

 
At 7:08 לפנה״צ, Blogger YS said...

I have stuff to say!!! I just need to find time to sit online for a half hour, format, and post!!!

Aaaaahhh!!!

 

הוסף רשומת תגובה

<< Home