יום ראשון, פברואר 19, 2006

Bravo!

I went to see a friend a few days ago in Ra'anana. Beit Levinshtien is the rehab clinic he's been in for the past year or so. He was going home the next day and becoming an outpatient. It was good to see him even as a shadow of the big hulking hunk I remember. Mentally he seemed together, his speech was a bit slow and he's still sitting in a wheelchair but for a guy who spent a month in a coma he's doing great.

His signature style was always the jeans, short sleeved t-shirt, and sandals. Winter, summer, rain, cold, whatever. The night I went was the last of the Tuesday night torah classes he'd been hosting in his ward. About 20 people were there. Guys, girls, some rabbis, his parents. Everyone was sitting around in long sleeves or jumpers, a few in jackets. My boy? Black t-shirt. He told me "All that's left is to go back to the sandals." Refuah Shelaima!