יום שני, נובמבר 28, 2005

"Gamble everything for love..."

{My apoligies...}

I don't know what love is. I do know about friends. I want a best friend. Does that mean love? Am I holding out for some ideal called "love"? I know the answer I'd get from the bog-standard frum world. {insert well thumbed articles by Sherri Zimmerman} Or do I go with Ben Lee, "Make a list of things you need, leave it empty. Except for number one, write love.... If you gamble everything for love, you're gonna be alright."

4 Comments:

At 4:43 לפנה״צ, Blogger Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

Since I'm a psychotherapist, I can't resist commenting on this:
It's ironic that so many men are afraid of marriage when all the research studies indicate marriage benefits men more than women--emotionally, sexually, financially and healthwise.

As for your life becoming boring--you can't depend on a spouse to make your life exciting. You have to make your own excitement. Unless your definition of excitement is sleeping with a lot of different people, there's no reason marriage, even to a boring person, means a boring life. You can maintain a separate identity--you don't have to be joined at the hip just because you're married.

 
At 3:36 אחה״צ, Blogger Mata Hari said...

how will you feel if you find out that she's engaged?

 
At 9:55 לפנה״צ, Blogger YS said...

OK. Sort of weight off my sholders. Relief. I guess we all carry around doubts about decisions we make but recently I think I'm alright with this one. It's time for me to move on and pray that I'll find the right person. Maybe she won't have "everything", but maybe I'll be in love.

 
At 9:59 לפנה״צ, Anonymous אנונימי said...

Hi there, check out my site if you have a chance! Thanks!

 

הוסף רשומת תגובה

<< Home