יום שלישי, אוגוסט 18, 2009

Turkey and lentils without love

So tonight I made really good food but feel that I should get a bad husband award.
I've spent my day sending out CVs (entry level IE positions anyone??) so when the lovely wife said she was going out for the evening I planned on making my dinner quick & easy. In the end she stayed home with a less than happy tummy.
Rather than making tummy-friendly food I stuck to my guns and made my quick & easy (and cheap) dinner idea. Good food. Bad husband.

Turkey & Lentil
Cook up 1/2 C brown lentils (40 mins in boiling water)
Meanwhile back at the ranch....
Heat 3 T of oil in a frying pan
add 3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
& 1/2 med onion (minced)
add 1 tsp of curry paste and mix it all well.
Add 1/2 C of chopped leftover turkey. I used frozen "shwarma mix" which is pretty low-grade chipped turkey.
give it 3-5 mins then add the drained lentils for another 2.

Total hands on time (including checking/washing the lentils) time: 10-15 mins
Total time to plate: 50 mins

תוויות: